Bob Colman is the Principal Engineer and specialises in Structural and Mechanical disciplines. Bob is a Chartered Professional Engineer with
the Institution of Engineers Australia (2574016) and a member of the Australasian Corrosion Association and the Australian Steel Institute. His current focus is engineering design, structural audit, project planning and certification of structural designs. Bob is a licensed user of SpaceGass Structural Analysis Software.
Below are just some examples of engineering services:
- Design of steel structures to AS 4100
- Design of concrete footings to AS 3600
- Design of overhead cranes and monorails to AS 1418.18
- Design of lifting gear to DNV 2.7-3 and AS 4991
- Design of piping & bunding for process plants to AS 1940 & AS 3780
- Design of platforms and walkways to AS 1657
Bob Colman is currently registered to certify both Structural and Mechanical designs in the Northern Territory and Queensland:
- Certifying Structural Engineer NT – Registration # 147644ES
- Certifying Mechanical Engineer NT – Registration # 147644EM
- Qld Board of Professional Engineers – Registration # 13479
Some examples of certifications work include:
- Steel structures to AS 4100
- Concrete Footings to AS 3600
- Storage tanks to AP 1650
- Pressure vessels to AS 1210
Structural Integrity Inspection
Coltech Planning have qualified and experienced Engineers available to conduct Structural Integrity Inspection of Mine Site Plant and Equipment.
This specialised service provides the client with an Engineering Structural Inspection Report which may include the following deliverables:
- The current state of the Inspection area.
- Compliance with Australian and Site Standards
- Structural Analysis of any damaged Assets.
- Recommendation to repair or replace items.
- Repair Plan or Method for each identified defect.
- A Risk Rating of the Structural Issues.
Bob has a wealth of knowledge and experience in AutoCAD and has taught the subject at University level.
We also have Drafting professionals available with skills and experience in Solidworks.
Bob has significant experience in Project Management at various work sites ranging from the Conoco Phillips, Darwin LNG Plant shut down to the McArthur River Mine expansion projects. Bob has a Diploma in Project Management to complement his on the job knowledge and experience.
Having trouble filling that vacancy? Coltech Planning takes special care in selecting the right person to match your specific requirements.
This is a facet of our operations where we believe it’s important not to place just anyone in the job, but provide quality personnel and value for money for the customer. We specialise in Engineering, Detail Drafting and Administrative roles.
Contact us today.